55°
The student news site of Hawthorne Math and Science Academy

Aviator News

Aviator News

Aviator News

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Spirit Week: Nationball

HMSA’s Spirit week was from October 30th to November 3rd, and the most anticipated activity for that whole week was Nationball. The first day of the week was Monday, Sports day, with Musical chairs, and Tuesday, with Halloween, as the event was a costume contest. Wednesday had Pajama day, with Guess That Song as the event, and Thursday had Teen Movie Beach Day, where you had to dress like the people from the movie, with basketball as the event. Friday was the most exciting, as the Nationball event along with the spirit shirt day was the best combination of a spirit week day. Nationball is a game where the objective is to either eliminate all members of the opposing team by the end of the round OR to have eliminated the most players when time is called. The rules are like normal dodgeball with some changes, where if you get out you have to go to the back of the opposite team’s half and throw the balls back to the court while trying to hit the opposing team. During our CP time on friday we all gathered up around the blacktop to cheer our friends on as they played. They had played their best and we all enjoyed the game, with the juniors winning. Our school spirit was amazing the whole week, if we keep this up this year going forward looks bright!

Take a look at some photos from game: