60°
The student news site of Hawthorne Math and Science Academy

Aviator News

Aviator News

Aviator News

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Ten Things to do During Winter Break

Winter Break is coming up and you’re waiting for the day where you can finally rest. However, you may not have any plans for the next three weeks of winter break. Don’t want to be in bed all day, wishing that you were doing something more fun or productive? Hopefully, this list of 10 things to do over the break will help you with that boredom!

1. Visit the new Cinepolis Theater

Located 1233 District Dr suite 100, Inglewood, CA 90303

The new Imax theater is a great way to watch a movie. Unlike regular movie theaters, the new imax theater features higher quality and leather seats. The theater also provides a server button, pressing the button will get you assistance during the movie regarding refills and ordering more food.

1. Candy Cane Lane

Located 1200 E Acacia St. El Segundo, CA 90245

A free activity to do during your break, Candy cane lane is a great way to get in the Christmas spirit. With multiple homes decorated with Christmas lights and decorations, walking around the neighborhood is a great way to spend time with your friends. In addition to the decorative homes, there are also cookie and hot chocolate stands to keep you full during your walk.

1. Visit The Grove

Located 189 The Grove Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90036

The grove is a great place to spend the day with your friends. There are multiple stores and restaurants you can check out throughout your visit. From shops like Brandy Melville to Cafes like La La Land, there’s a place for everybody. Make sure to check out the farmers market which has many restaurants you can check out to suit your taste. If you eny collecting stickers or scrapbooking, sticker worlds located in the traders market is the perfect store for you!

1. Bake Cookies With your friends

Don’t just stop at cookies, you can bake cakes, pies, muffins, and more! Hanging out with your friends and baking is a fun way to spend your evening. You can create closer relationships and create memories. Pitch in some money and go to the store with your friends to collect baking supplies, and you can have a fun filled day.

1. Do secret santa

Here’s a link to an online generator! Secret Santa 

A fun little way of gift giving! Draw some names and prepare your gifts while trying to keep a secret. Even after Christmas, you can still have a reason to hang out with your friends and get an extra gift! Doing this can also help you from the hassle of buying multiple gifts and saves you money.

1. Binge watch christmas movies with your friends 

Love watching Christmas classics such as ‘Home Alone’ and ‘How the Grinch Stole Christmas’? This is the perfect activity for you and your friends! There are plenty of movies to choose from, so you won’t have to worry about what to watch.

1. Go to the mall (a classic)

South Bay Galleria, Del Amo Mall, Manhattan Village, Westfield Culver City Mall etc. The choices are endless! Going to the mall is a great way to spend time with family and friends this holiday season. With many stores and a food court, you can think of many ways to spend your day!

1. Roasting smores

Gather by the campfire with your friends and family with marshmallows, chocolate, and some crackers! Don’t forget to bring some refreshments with you! With the chilly season, it’s important to do activities that’ll warm you up!

1. Visit Downtown Santa Monica 

Location 1351 3rd Street Promenade, Santa Monica, CA 90401

Located a walk away from the pier, there are many things to do in downtown Santa Monica. In the shopping center there are restaurants and clothing stores as well as entertainment! When tired of shopping, head on over to the pier to play games and look at the sea!

1. VIsit Old World Village

Location 7561 Center Ave #50, Huntington Beach, CA 92647

This is a great place to visit if you enjoy European style buildings! Every sunday you’ll find this place holding a christmas market with german cuisine! This places specializes in German culture and they even have dog races!