60°
The student news site of Hawthorne Math and Science Academy

Aviator News

Aviator News

Aviator News

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Activities for the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!

Christmas is up and around the corner. Many of you are probably dying to do something fun this year during winter break and might be looking for some places or activities that involve light displays to watch to get in the Christmas spirit. You can visit or do these with whoever you like: whether it’s your family, friend, or maybe even your lover. It doesn’t really matter as long as you make the best out of it! 

Our First Activity is skating under the stars, located in The Spectrum Center in Irvine. Although this might be a little further than expected, it won’t disappoint you at all. Not to mention their beautiful lights they set up for this christmas season. You can skate while looking at their enormous christmas tree which is totally perfect for a photoshoot. For only $25 per person, I think it’s a perfect place to hangout. And when the time is up you can go around shopping for yourself or maybe even for a Christmas gift. 

Our Second Activity is watching the nightly snowfall at The Grove. Keep in mind that these snowfalls only happen at certain hours, so don’t miss them! While you’re at it, meet with the one and only Santa Claus to make your experience even more magical. You’ll be able to see the lights wrapped around the mall and get the sensation of being a part of a small town gathering around just to see the lights turn on. The grove can be a little pricey at times but the experience is totally free. Other things, like meeting Santa and taking photos with him, unfortunately does have a cost.

Our Third activity is visiting the one and only Candy Cane Lane Located in torrance. Seriously, it’s nice to see this whole neighborhood work as one just to see others enjoyment. Each house is decorated with Christmas inflatables and lights. Although it’s rather simple, the sight of these lights really do make you happy. It’s also a great place to have a photoshoot, which you can upload wherever you want. The entrance is free, and you can totally create a core memory if you go with the right people!

I really do hope you visit these three places, I promise you they truly do create magical experiences. Enjoy your break, and thank you so much for reading.