New Movie Releases in Summer of 2018!

Amelia Navarro, Staff Writer

Summer of 2018 is one everyone should look forward to! Going to the movies will be more than a one night event due to the many movies being released this upcoming summer. Below I have listed a few movies that I am looking forward to enjoying with friends and family. I highly recommend checking them out. Happy watching!

1. Incredibles 2

The Incredibles are back! The Incredibles were introduced to us about 14 years ago and viewers have not forgotten about them. Students still quote the first movie, dress up as specific characters, and more. Some might worry that the sequel will never match the first movie, however, Pixar does not usually disappoint. As seen in the trailer, much of the action and comedic relief that was in the original film will not be discarded in this upcoming blockbuster. Judging by the many students at HMSA who are excited to watch this film, I say you should be, too.

1.  Deadpool 2

Deadpool was a surprise box office hit once it began its showings in 2016, and it is back to hit off Summer of 2018. This movie follows Ryan Reynolds, returning as Wade Wilson in the film, who is a mouthy mercenary. There will be two new characters added to the film and according to 20th Century Fox, as seen by the reaction from viewers, some of the scenes had to be reshot due to the addition of characters. The fact that this movie is being treated very closely, clearly shows that the production team and creators of this movie are doing their best to present viewers with a film up to par with the first one. This only makes me want to watch the movie more, and I hope it does the same for you.

1. Ocean’s 8

Step back Ocean’s 11, because Ocean’s 8 has arrived! Personally when seeing the trailer for the first time, I had already established that this movie was a must. Building off of the infamous Ocean’s 11 with George Clooney and his team of con men who walk away with a quantity of money too long to type, Ocean’s 8 will not disappoint. Sandra Bullock takes the lead in shaping her team of con women to face the challenge of stealing a $150-million diamond necklace that will be worn at the annual Met Ball. Similar goal, but I have a feeling that the outcome will prove to be one that will make this film unforgettable.

1. Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

Attention to all my musical lovers out there, this one is for you! Musicals are a joy to watch with their choreographed dancing, catchy songs, and more. I personally believe that if you do not consider yourself a musical watcher, this film might change your mind. Mamma Mia is set on a Greek Island where Sophie, the main character, is pregnant and is being visited by her family. However, her mother who was a large part of her life in the first film is no longer in the upcoming sequel. Her friends and family celebrate the life of her mother and try their best to find a way to help Sophie during her pregnancy. While doing this, expect several scenes dedicated to breaking into song and dancing. This is the movie I cannot wait to watch, but I am a little biased. After seeing Pierce Brosnan on my flight to LA late last year, I decided that this is my favorite musical so far. Putting aside my bias, this sequel is an upbeat and lively film that can make your summer day brighter and slightly more magical.

These are just some of the summer’s most awaited movies. Which one are you excited to see? Let us know in the comments below!