Aviator News

HMSA’s Baseball Team’s Memorable Victory Against New Roads!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Eric G. in position for batting in their baseball game against New Roads ( Photo Source: Pedro Adame).

Xochitl Arquieta, Sports Editor

On Tuesday, April 10th, the baseball team had an away game against New Roads, at Clover Park, and gained a victory in their league. After so much practice during spring break, the team started seeing improvement, resulting in their stellar performance against New Roads.

By the first inning, the baseball team took the lead 1-0. In the top of the first inning, the baseball team scored a run. They made sure New Roads wouldn’t catch up to them in the bottom of the first inning. They maintained the score 1-0. Our HMSA’s baseball team kept the lead for the two more innings. New Roads eventually was really close in catching up to our Aviators and scored 2 runs, making the score 4-2.

The defense ” was stellar and the offense was strong”, according to co-captain Anthony H. Eric G. got an RBI double while Josue L. maintained a strong position as offense as well. Shyam P. and Don M. were the pitchers of the game. Shyam started off pitching and by the third inning, Don pitched. They both did an extraordinary job pitching and contributed a lot in keeping the lead in the game, especially in the last inning, in which New Roads was getting even more competitive and didn’t want to let HMSA take the win. The offense also did a terrific job taking action in the field throughout the seven innings. HMSA didn’t let New Roads have a taste of what victory may be, not in this game. They went to Clover Park with their heads up high and continued playing with the intensity they started with all throughout the game. The final score was 6-3 and the Aviators were able to leave the field prouder than ever of what they left out on the field that day.

After so much practice and team work, our HMSA baseball team is finally seeing huge improvements in their performance and better communication out on the field. Now, more than ever, the team members are showing leadership positions and it is evident that they are proud to bring HMSA pride. The team is looking forward to celebrating more victories, such victory as Tuesday’s, and will keep doing their best at practice to do so.

About the Writer
Xochitl Arquieta, Sports Editor

Photo by Pedro Adame.