59°
The student news site of Hawthorne Math and Science Academy

Aviator News

Aviator News

Aviator News

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Valentine’s Day Movies

Valentines Day Movies

“If you look for it, I’ve got a sneaky feeling you’ll find that love actually is all around”–Hugh Grant

As you all may know, Valentine’s day is coming up once again. It’s the day where Cupid strikes those who are in love, and brings them closer than ever. Gifts are usually given to those who you love, whether that is a stuffed animal, or heart shaped chocolates, maybe even self-made gifts, like cards. But what is love? This strange feeling that manages to get a hold of every living thing here on this earth and forces us to experience it at least once in our lifetime. Some may say that love is fake and a waste of time, but is it really? Well, if you’re like me and love the idea of seeing others experience this wonderful feeling of falling in love, then you’re in luck. I’ve got the best Romance movies list here for you to lay in bed, eat your chocolates, and watch on Valentine’s day. 

• La La landThis has to be my favorite musical/love story. Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling seriously gave everything they could to actually show the connection between Mia and Sebastian (the characters they play). I like to think of it as enemies to lovers which makes it ten times better. Throughout the movie these two lovebirds support each other’s dreams of becoming an actor and a musician until the very end. I can’t say much more without giving the whole ending away, but you definitely have to watch this movie at least once in your lifetime.
  • The Notebook It seems to be everyone’s favorite, and I can see why. Once again Ryan Gosling perfectly plays his role as Noah (he really needs to be in more romance movies). And Rachel McAdams…there were scenes that made me a little teary eyed, but overall I don’t think I could ever get tired of rewatching it.
  • 10 Things I Hate About YouI’m not sure why it took me a while to finally watch this movie but I’m glad I did. Like La La Land they start off as enemies but end up as lovers. I think this movie is really cute to watch because of the comedy and drama. Overall the characters’ humor makes it  better. It’s also pretty popular for Kat’s famous poem, which I’m sure many of you have heard.
  • 5 Feet ApartI love love LOVE this movie. Everything about it is perfect. It really captures and lets you feel what they each go through and how they help each other get through it all. Their love for eachother is a battle, but they make it work out even if it isn’t the way we wanted to see at the end.
  • The Fault in our StarsI remember reading this book and crying after I finished it, and seeing the movie made me cry even more. Maybe I have a problem and exaggerate  everything more than I should have but this movie makes you have many different emotions. It’s cute seeing how much they can relate to each other. I feel like they’re the literal definition of soulmates.
  • 500 Days of Summer I’m pretty sure many of you guys have seen this movie since it was trending on TikTok for a good while. The famous “I said I love the Smiths” is probably a line you’ve once heard before. It mainly focuses on Tom’s  perspective and him explaining everything he loves about her (summer) and how it changes in about 500 days. I feel like it can be pretty relatable, which makes it interesting to watch, but it’s also pretty gut wrenching–you’ll see why at the end.
  • GreaseIt’s a classic oldie, and who doesn’t love it? This is more for the people who don’t mind musicals and enjoy a good laugh. Just beware of the songs: they tend to be a bit catchy and won’t get out of your head for a good while.