55°
The student news site of Hawthorne Math and Science Academy

Aviator News

Aviator News

Aviator News

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Soccer Tryouts Postponed?

On Thursday September 14, 2023 Coach Duran sent out an email to all students who wanted to try out for the team and said that 9th and 10th grader tryouts were gonna be on Tuesday, September 19th and Wednesday, September 20th. On Friday September 22nd, a list will be posted for those who will continue to tryout the following week. For 11th and 10th Graders Only, tryouts were on Tuesday, September 26th and September 27th. 

Unfortunately, on Monday September 18, he sent out an email to all students saying,  “I have to postpone soccer tryouts. The reason for the postponement is the lack of physical exam paperwork turned in. Students must turn in their physicals in order to try out. If you have already turned in your paperwork, thank you and good work. Everyone else, you need to do so ASAP. I will update everyone via email with the new dates for tryouts in the next couple of days. If by the new date you still don’t have your physicals, you will not be allowed to try out. If you don’t try out, you can not make the team. Thanks”. The next tryout session is still undecided. We’ll keep in contact with Coach Duran and keep you posted.