The student news site of Hawthorne Math and Science Academy

Aviator News

Warriors STILL Undefeated

Stephen Curry has been shooting lights out this season. Photo via Wikimedia under the Creative Commons license.

Joshua Tejano, Staff Writer

It’s already been a month since the start of the 2015-2016 NBA season and the Golden State Warriors have yet to suffer a loss. Last year’s MVP, Stephen Curry, seems to have improved his skills during the offseason and is leading his team to a record-breaking season. According to ESPN.com, with 20 wins and 0 losses, the Golden State Warriors have broken the previous record of 15-0, which was set by the 1949 Washington Capitols and 1994 Houston Rockets. With Steve Kerr out indefinitely and Luke Walton coaching the Warriors team, who knows how far the Warriors can go undefeated.

According to ESPN.com, Steve Kerr believes “Luke’s doing all the work with the rest of the staff. Luke’s [20-0] right now. I’m not.” Luke Walton has also earned the coach of the month award. However, because of NBA policy, the 20 wins are credited to Steve Kerr, not Luke Walton. Both coaches believe the other should get credit, but as of right now, the league is debating whether or not to give Walton the 20 wins. This also happens to be Walton’s first time coaching a professional team by himself.

On another hand, the 76ers are having a terrible start to their season. The team won their first game on Tuesday, December 1st at home against the Los Angeles Lakers after starting the season with a 0-18 record. With the Warriors’ and 76ers’ upcoming schedule, more records may be broken.