Lady A’s Approaching Playoffs

The Lady A’s after posing for a picture after their game against Lennox (Photo Source: Mr. Dura).

Xochitl Arquieta, Sports Editor

The Lady A’s had dominance in their home game against Lennox Academy at Holly Park. In this Coastal League game, the Lady A’s continued to show that they are #1 and that they pursuing the playoffs.

All throughout the game, the Lady A’s did not allow Lennox to score more than 2 runs. They did so well in their game that everyone in the line was able to get a hit and make it to base. By the end of the first inning, the Lady A’s had already taken the lead and kept it throughout the rest of the game. The defense was extremely prepared and ready to not let anyone from Lennox score a run. The two main pitchers of the game were Senior DeAndria L. and Freshmen Rocky G. Sophomore hurling sensation Clarissa L. and Senior catcher Manny L. contributed a lot in shutting down the Panther’s offense.

Lennox didn’t score until the fourth inning, and they scored only two runs. The Lady A’s had a huge advantage by then, they were ahead by more than 15 runs. The game ended with the Lady A’s victory with the mercy rules, ending in the fifth inning.

The Lady A’s next game is against their rival, Rolling Hills Prep. Their game against Rolling Hills will be their last game of the season and it will determine whether or not Rolling Hills Prep will be advancing to playoffs this year, as they have done for 13 years already.

The Lady A’s were hopeful that Mr. Jahnke would show up and support them. However, that was not the case and they will be waiting until their next game to see if he shows up.

The Lady A’s are confident that they will do amazing on their game against Rolling Hills and that whatever happens, they will leave the field with the satisfaction that they did their best and they beat previous Lady A’s records. Senior DeAndria Lockett said that what she took out from this season was ” how to be patient and to appreciate the skills everyone has.” She added, ” this year, we got to know each other more, allowing us to work better as a team.” DeAndria has no regrets in joining the Lady A’s for the fourth consecutive year and assures that she had the funnest experiences in the field.

The Lady A’s brought pride to our school. Everyone is excited to see how far the Lady A’s will get this year. For now, the Lady A’s will continue to practice for their next game and we will only keep saying:

Lady A’s fever, catch it! Gooooooo….A’s, you know!