Mr. Berumen Stands Among the Stars

Smiling as always, HMSAs principal Mr. Berumen is honored to accept this award. Photo via HawthorneMSA under the Creative Commons license.

Smiling as always, HMSA’s principal Mr. Berumen is honored to accept this award. Photo via HawthorneMSA under the Creative Commons license.

Brianna Rivera, Staff Writer

Recently, Mr. Berumen was announced by Mometrix Test Preparation to be one of California’s most influential high school principals. He was ranked #26 out of the 30 nominees for this recognition.

The rankings were identified with points assigned to various categories and aspects. These included points for past school awards, overall school merit, and test scores from students over the course of many years. Scores were added up for each category and then the schools were put in order from highest score to lowest score. Then, the top 30 were ranked.

Mometrix Test Prep is a company created to assist students in their studies and in their pursuit for a better future. It provides students with many study guides and flashcards that can be found online on their website at www.mometrix.com.

Mr. Berumen was announced one of the top 30 influential principals in California by this company. Photo via Mometrix under the Creative Commons license.

Mr. Berumen says he is very happy and honored to have been recognized as one of the most influential principals in the state of California. Congratulations to Mr. Berumen for this great recognition!

The glory doesn’t end there. Mr Berumen and HMSA have also won a California Gold Ribbon School award for 2015. This award is one of the most prestigious recognitions any high school in California can receive.

This award was granted by the California Department of Education for Mr. Berumen’s and HMSA’s outstanding leadership and academic performance.

If students keep up their work, then more awards are sure to come. All school members must make sure they are putting forward their best work.

Once again, congratulations to Mr. Berumen and to all students for their integrity, enthusiasm, and (most importantly) for making everyone at HMSA proud to be a part of this school.