Hmsa’s Covid Outbreak

Amsah Khan, Writer

Just when we all thought COVID-19 was starting to reach its end, it came booming back with a new variant: Omicron. This disease is more easily spread to other people than the original variant, and includes similar symptoms such as, cough, fever, and fatigue. Because of this form of the virus, many students at HMSA have been staying at home. They’re either quarantined from school because they caught the disease, or were at risk of getting it because of close contacts with another student. This caused many classrooms to be practically empty, instead of usually beaming loudly with students.

Many of the students who were at campus during this wintertime said that the classrooms were basically empty, and very quiet. Only about 10 or fewer students were in each classroom.Many students were sent home due to close contacts, or because they got the virus. One by one, more students were returning home, while there were less students on campus. Students at home said that it felt weird being at home, and missing so much school. After they returned back to campus, they found out that they had many missing assignments, and had a lot of work to make up. 

Aryanna De La Cruz, a freshman at HMSA, says, “I always checked canvas, and I emailed my teachers for help. It was pretty easy. People say that the virus is slowly becoming real, but I have always known it was real.”

HMSA as of now is slowly getting back to its normal state. Classrooms are slowly making changes to ensure social distancing. Aviators! If you are not feeling well in any sort of way, make sure to stay home in order to keep our campus safe and healthy. Make sure to practice social distancing as well because you never know who has the virus and who doesn’t!