The student news site of Hawthorne Math and Science Academy

Met Gala 2017

May 19, 2017

The Met Gala is an event where many famous celebrities come and show off their style. This year it took place in New York on May 1. According to Vogue, this year’s theme was Comme des Garcons. Many celebrities attended such as Gigi Hadid, Zayn Malik, Nicki Minaj, and many more! According to New York Times, a ticket to attend this event costs thousands and thousands of dollars… maybe around $30,000 for one whole ticket! One would have to save a ton of money to be able to afford a ticket. Most people who attend do not need to buy any tickets because they’re invited to the event. People like Beyonce (who did not make it this year) get invited. The money raised goes to the Costume Institute.

Here’s an interesting fact about the Met Gala: once you’ve passed the red carpet, everything that happens after that moment cannot be posted on social media. Why? It’s banned (Everything You Need To Know About Met Gala 2017). It’d be great to see what goes down considering the fact that many of us cannot actually attend.

May I say, there were some very interesting outfits? Will Smith’s son, Jaden attended the Met Gala with his date and dreadlocks in his hand! Crazy right? Many people’s favorite look so far, was Rihanna’s. Young girls all over social media recreated Rihanna’s outfit and did it in the cutest way possible. Although there was a theme, some people decided to not participate in the fun, which was quite disappointing.

Many celebrities came wearing designer clothing such as Givenchy, Michael Kors, Balmain, Valentino, etc. The invitees made sure they came to steal the show to end up on the best blogs! Many of them end up succeeding, too. My favorite look of the night was Zendaya, who wore Dolce and Gabbana, rocking her natural hair. Yes, Zendaya, yes! I’m here for it all.