The student news site of Hawthorne Math and Science Academy

Lana’s Lust for Life

April 28, 2017

Earlier, no new information was expressed about the album “Lust for Life” by Lana Del Rey. During Spring Break, she released the cover of her new album and even stated that the album would be ready for pre-order soon. Following up on the ‘soon,’ many fans speculated that her album would be released on a Tuesday, but why? In Lana’s album trailer (see below), she stated that she liked to visit the city “especially on Tuesdays.” Fans began to deduce and arrived at the conclusion that the album would be released on a Tuesday. Of course, this is only a theory. No one knows exactly when the album will be released.

In Del Rey’s album trailer, her aesthetic greatly differs from all her other albums. For this next album, Del Rey is stepping into a more stellar and spiritual realm. Her music video “Love” proves this by showing scenes on the moon and outer space. Because she stated this album would be for her fans, she’s taking on a different approach and even experimenting with new styles. More specifically, Lana has never fully smiled for a cover of an album, but she does smile on the cover of her new album. Does this mean new era? I think it does. Love is a powerful word, holding intense joyous emotions. To top it all off, Lana’s smile really sells her new optimistic era.

In her current interview with Dazed Magazine, Del Rey stated that The Weekend would be featured on the new album. Lana also commented on her single “Love:” “It doesn’t sound that retro, but I… wanted to go back to a bigger, more mid-tempo, single-y sound. The last 16 months, things were kind of crazy in the US, and in London when I was there. I was just feeling like I wanted a song that made me feel a little more positive when I sang it.” For the fans, I’m pretty sure we can conclude the album will be released sooner than expected. Lana did say the album would be released in the spring.