A New School Year: Opinions and Comments

(Source: hawthornemsa.org)
(Source: hawthornemsa.org)

Student Interviews:

Question: How would you describe your experience at HMSA so far this year

Freshmen:

“My experience so far this year at HMSA has been very stressful, a lot of work, but the entire school is helpful.” ~ Ethan B.

Photo taken by
Photographer: Kevin Candray

“My experience at HMSA is good because everyday I learn something new. It’s a bit hard but I got used to it. And I realize this is a really small school.” ~ Catherine C.

Photo taken by
Photographer: Kevin Candray

Sophomores:

“My experience at HMSA has been okay this year, I like it way better than last year and we have way more fun this year, despite the harder classes.” ~ Raymond P.

Photo taken by Kevin Candray
Photographer: Kevin Candray

“My experience at HMSA so far has been amazing. I’m glad I get to meet new people everyday at school. I actually got in trouble for wearing no-show socks, but other than that HMSA has been great.” ~ Catherine S.

Photo taken by
Photographer: Kevin Candray

Juniors:

“This year has been just as eventful as the year before. Same amount of work, more stress considering the SAT and all that stuff. But overall, junior year has been pretty good.” ~ Osvaldo V.

Photo taken by Kevin Candray
Photographer: Kevin Candray

“Transitioning into high school, especially one like HMSA, has been difficult but at the same time very enjoyable. I’ve learned what is expected of me on an academic level and not everything is going to be as easy to achieve. HMSA has opened me up to new friendships and types of people with different perspectives which has made me more open-minded to things.” ~ Linda R.

Photo taken by
Photographer: Kevin Candray

Seniors:

“It’s been really fun and laid back so far. Knowing that this is my last year, I’m really sad because I’m going to miss everyone.”  ~ Jonathan L.

Photo taken by
 Photographer: Leslie Bautista

“This year has been great. There has been a lot of improvements which makes every year seem easier. As a senior, I realized how much HMSA has progressed over the four years I have been here, every year making it better and better.”  ~ Maria C.

Photo taken by Kevin Candray
Photographer: Kevin Candray

Staff Interviews:

Question: HMSA recently received the Blue Ribbon Award, how does it feel to be part of it?

“It is a great accomplishment, congrats to all the students and teachers that work so hard. I’m honored to be part of the HMSA team.”  ~ Ricardo de la Torre

Photo taken by Kevin Candray
Photographer: Kevin Candray

“Ribbon Award emphasizes what a great honor it is to be able to work here. It’s a testament to the commitment and professionalism of our staff and the willingness of our student body to work hard and take on challenges. A Blue Ribbon Award tells me what I’ve known from day one–that HMSA is doing something right! And it tells me I’ve got to carry on the tradition.”~ Ms. Morris

Photographer:

Photographer: Isabel Munoz